Learn first-hand how to build distributed applications on EOSIO a highly performant platform for building blockchain applications. This Workshop aims to cover the fundamentals that enable dApp developers to get comfortable with the EOSIO development environment. In brief, attendees to the workshop will:
- understand the high-level fundamental pieces of an EOSIO dApp;
- learn how messages and events (transactions and actions) are handled on the EOSIO platform;
- observe the workflow for the development of dApps on EOSIO; and
- get familiar with the various libraries that are available for EOSIO dApp developers.
This hands-on workshop focuses on the evolution of the crypto-currency space by presenting Tezos, a generic and self-amending crypto-ledger. Learn more on the Tezos blockchain and its reliable proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. Understand the motivation behind the development of the Tezos blockchain as a proposed solution to: the limitless expressivity of the Bitcoin blockchain; the cost and centralization of the proof-of-work consensus algorithm; the security concerns with regards to the implementation of crypto-currencies.
In brief, attendees to the workshop will:
- understand the high-level fundamental pieces of the Tezos platform;
- understand how stakeholders in Tezos can particpate in the governing protocol;
- get familiar with the Tezos unique proof-of-stake consensus algorithm;
- understand the design and innovation of the Tezos application dev cycle;
- build and run demo contracts on the Tezos blockchain;
* Participants will be awarded a self-verifiable certificate on the Bitcoin blockchain.